Fast Passport Renewal and Gratitude

If you are a loyal reader of my blog, then you have seen the post I had with regard to the PSA Birth Certificate that I got. The reason why I needed to process these things is that I need to renew my Philippine passport the soonest. And I still thought that I'll be needing my birth certificate, which is actually, not included in the requirements for those who'll renew. Don't be deceived. Full requirements are available here. Nowhere else on the internet.



It was sad to know that the online appointment for application is fully booked that time. It was mid-November when I tried applying for a new one. Upon seeing the schedule, I had my heart broken for a week. But then, I did not stop there.

I know that there is still something I can do to acquire a new passport without breaking the rules. Learning new things sometimes depend on yourself. As I've mentioned in my previous post, bits of help and tricks are widely available on the internet, one just needs to dig deep. Being naive is just for kids. And I always do believe in the saying, if there's a will, there's a way. And that has always been my principle in my most impossible thoughts.

Anyways, here is the timeline of the process when I went to DFA main office in Manila.

10:20am - arrived at DFA Manila
11:07am - got a queue number for step 1 (processing/checking of documents)
12:25nn - proceeded to step 2 (paid passport fee)
12:53nn - waited for step 3 (data capturing and encoding)
2:30pm - photo and data gathered
2:42pm - paid delivery fee (LBC Express)
2:48pm - done (went to ATC to have dinner at Yabu)

It only took me 4 hours and I'm done. Then I waited for 9 days and my new passport arrived, assuring me to be able to fly once again before I finally tie the knot. I remembered having that conversation with a friend about her trip. She was a bit anxious because she cannot find someone who will be able to go with her. Suddenly, GJ came out of nowhere and started to suggest things. Then, the rest is history.

Yesterday, I started packing my things. It is winter once again so I prepared some long sleeved shirts (the base layers shirts I had from Europe) and tights as well. Most of the clothes I prepared are in stripes of black and white. In that case, I don't need to think of which color of the shawl will I partner with each one. I only have a black one I bought yesterday for a very affordable price. Of course, I prepared Twixy for this trip. She'll be with me again as I travel the world.

I am super duper thankful to Jehovah, my fiance, our parents, our supportive friends who made this trip possible.

No comments:

Post a Comment