Skip The Ordinary



Last Wednesday, I had an appointment to go somewhere at 1 in the afternoon. I was afraid that I will be late so I take the courage and I outrageously brought my husband's bike to the place I needed to be. It is actually not a bike, the one with pedal. It is an electric bike, quite heavy for me, since I only weigh 49 kilograms these days. When I calculated the distance, it was only 1.5km (approximately). So I thought, it is not that far. I can drive from here to there and I can probably go back.

On my way there, I got problems with my stuff so I stopped in the side to arrange it. Unconsciously, I was not pressing the break but instead, steering more the accelerate handle bar. You know what happened next? I bumped myself into a signage. I was surprised too! After few seconds, I came back to myself and I continued driving. It was fun actually, but scary at the same time.

I have drove cars (van and owner-type jeep) before (by the way, I am a licensed driver, though I do not have a car. Haha.) but never an electric bike. While I am on my way, I thought that driving on a bike is really dangerous compared to driving a car. On an e-bike, I do not have any covering for myself in case I will have an accident, compared to a car, which I am super enclosed while driving.

Anyhow, it was a nice experience though. After that, when I was going home, I called my husband to pick me up. I don't want to worry him. I am not that keen on driving so I rather keep on practicing first, most specially on steering, one of the difficult things I find.

But still, I never regretted what I did. It was another experience, and now, no one can take it away from me. I love trying new things. Next time, I will just be very mindful and cautious. Hihi.

No comments:

Post a Comment