Worst Plane Experience; PH to UAE

It has been a year already, since the last plane encounter I had. That of last 2016 was when we went to Boracay and stayed for a week. The first one was when I went to Europe for my fiance's brother's wedding. It was a nice visit I had and the country of the Netherlands had then a special place in my heart.

But let's not talk about the Netherlands, nor the wedding of my future brother-in-law. We can sum it up in another post, if you may. This one is to share with you the experience I had the first time I rode on a plane.

Etihad Airlines, one of the nicest Emirati national airlines. Since it is famous as how it is now, I will not give an intro. I will just tell you why it was the worst flight I had with them.

It was five in the afternoon when my family sent us to the airport. There were so many people that come and go, like everywhere. I was in awe, excited, stressed and everything else. We finished all with the document checking and so. Now, it's our time to board.

Just as a first timer, I was expecting of seating beside the window. Thought of the mandatory window shots all over the internet? Well, basically, I want to have that. But then, I was assigned to the aisle seat. How crazy coincidence is. Haha.

"That's fine", I told myself. A Beautiful scene will never be visible because it was night when we flew. Then it became okay with me. I calmed myself that time.



It was a rough 9 (nine) hours flight. And it was my very first time, so all of the emotions were mixing in.

We finally landed in Abu Dhabi. Another bad thing was, it was night, so I wasn't able to see Abu Dhabi (even the airport itself). But before going out the plane, we first needed to wait for the pilot's instructions. Together with my cousin, we waited patiently while preparing our hand-carry bags with us. As mentioned, I was seated in the aisle part of the plane. That's not just it. I was also sitting in the middle of people (like the third seat in the middle). On my right was my cousin and on my left was other two guys who were friends. (I knew they're friends based on how they communicate the first time they took the seats.)

The guy who's sitting beside me was sleeping so deep that he wasn't able to feel that the plane has already landed. His friend tried to wake him up for several times already but still, nothing happened. I can feel the tense happening around, plus my cousin teasing me that my seatmate had gone somewhere other than his seat like his mind was left maybe in the country of origin. I don't know. That friend started to startle and shook him harder several times. The crew saw him and tried to wake him up as well. She looked at me with a grinning face asking if I'm his friend. I disowned him of course because that's the truth. But I was so nervous thinking that he might fell asleep into death, and the whole time, I was sitting with a dead person.

If you were in my shoe, what will you feel? Sad right? And it will feel worse if it was true.

Happily, after 4 minutes, he finally woke up. It was such a deep sleep. Good thing, the crew stayed calm. And me, I was relieved. My heart pumped so hard as well that I palpitated though I didn't take caffeine (and I never want drinking coffee).

The story was not about the airlines, it was about what I felt inside the plane and not the flight itself. I was happy having them as my very first flight. I commend the crew for all the help and so.

How about you? Did you had some experience like mine?

No comments:

Post a Comment