Dear Future Husband; An Open Letter

Dear Future Husband,

It's been nine days since I picked you up at the airport (had a visit to Canada for my cousin's wedding) and you'll just stay few weeks before you fly again to the Netherlands.

Such a sad thing to know because I was so stressed not having you by my side. This might sound too much but hey, that's how I feel.

We've been so busy with the preparation for our wedding. We ran here and we drove there for our papers, the reception and until now, we haven't thought of a date yet. Though it is the most important detail, we are confident enough that we will be able to finalize it later after everything is settled.


Today, if you will remember, we went throughout the city to scout for a nice place where we can have our wedding party. The place of the ceremony is good but the reception, we're still skeptical. There were nice locations, there were so-so. There were expensive ones, there were reasonable ones. I am not considering the expensive ones since the money that we will be able to save will be used for a lot of things already. And I am fully aware of what we have and what we do not have.

Even though I wrote about the wedding preps and so, it is not really the intention of this letter. I do not want to brag about what we accomplished and what we haven't yet, and things that need to be done.

This letter intends to remind you how appreciative I am for all the effort and time you give me, for the last days of your stay, before finally leaving for the Netherlands in a few days. I am so happy having you beside me in everything that I need to decide and think about. I feel so loved having you with me every single day and I am so touched that you make efforts on dating me, every single day. Those dates might not as luxury as what you are accustomed to, but I am always thankful that you show me how you respect and love me. There were only thanks and I love you's that come out my mouth, but there is actually a lot more inside my heart. If you can only dig deep into it, you'll see the things I can't express, overflowing and running over.

Once you left, there will be more of stories I would want to tell you. And I will not get tired of telling you, and please don't get tired of listening.

Always and forever,
Myx

No comments:

Post a Comment