Eat, Drink And Be Thankful



For the past months since I got married, I really enjoyed working at night and taking good care of my husband in the morning. There are a lot of errands and blog events to attend too, but I won't let them take away the joy cooking gives me.

For college, I took up a bachelor's degree in Hotel and Restaurant Managing. From its name itself, the course was intended to teach the student to learn on how to manage any account in hotel industry. There were only minor courses within the course to spend for cooking, baking, bar tending, housekeeping and the like.

I always love those subjects. After doing my researches, I will tell my groupmates what will we have in the table for the instructor in an specific date. Then, we are going to work on it. When time permits, I will volunteer to do the grocery shopping, and now, it is one thing for sure that I love doing!

Our family loves food. We do not settle on simple bland dishes but always explore what's new and what's peculiar. That's where I got this passion I guess. My mom loves cooking too. And so, it was passed on me. It is like an anti depressant when I feel tired and stressed. Baking is second. :)

Now that i have my own family, I always see to it that the people who will step on my doorstep to eat at our place will always be satisfied when they get out of the house. Mastering a recipe isn't my forte though. I don't even taste the food while cooking. I just let the aroma tell where it lacks or what it is in excess. Anyways, some of the food I cook doesn't need any adjustment like that.

So last time, I tried making a video of how I make a viand at home. This time, it is Chili con Carne. I first tried it when our friends from the US invited us for dinner. They've served us with minced beef with red beans and corn kernels. after that, I got curious and tried making my own. Well, that's just what I do normally. When I tried something, and I liked it, soon enough, it will be present in my kitchen (my favorite part of the house).


I am grateful that my husband is a food lover too. We have the same mindset about boring and non boring foods as we call them. And he always tells me that he appreciate the food I make, that they taste good. And I am happy with that. It only makes me fonder of cooking. I am also thankful for all the blessings in our table, for the lovely provision of physical food that we consume every day.

No comments:

Post a Comment