Dining Report: Small Sunday Smorgasbord


I will skip the serie the sunday currently for now, because I want to talk a bit about the dinner we had last Sunday. This is a definitely late post, but hey, it was just two days ago. It is still acceptable, right?

Since I transferred to my husband's flat, we already planned of inviting some people to have a small get together and encourage one another. After few months, the plan finally materialized. GJ had a small boy's night at a friend's house. And at home, I hosted a small smorgasbord. According to Google, smorgasbord is a buffet offering with variety of hot and cold meats, salads, hors d'oeuvres, etc. or a wide range of something. And Wikipedia states that in Pennsylvania, smorgasbords are popular Pennsylvania Dutch-style buffets that are often associated with Amish-made meals. It is also called koud buffet (cold buffet) in The Netherlands.

The inspiration came from a blogger friend when she posted a cheese box with smoked meats on her Instagram. Since then, I never stopped looking on hashtags with #cheeseboard, #charcuteriboard, #grazeplatter and the like over IG. It then became a dream for me to host a party with the same theme. When I was in The Netherlands, my parents-in-law organized a small party after my brother-in-law's wedding. Hayys, such a nice experience having these small dishes on the table and having all different or varieties of taste at once.

Last Sunday, I finally made up my mind to make a party with this theme. It is easy because all I needed to do was unpack snacks and laid them in the serving plates. That was an easy one. And since no cooking required, I had all the time that I need to take beautiful photos and enjoyed resting. For my guests, I only had a handful of invites because that's the only number our house can accommodate.

After eating, we played Dixit (a card game which I do not know where it came from, but very fun to play) and Taboo. And, we finished at past nine. It was a very fun night. I hope we can host another party at home again even before we live for The Netherlands. We are now getting busy in preparing the papers and documents for the trip!\

Yes, that's all! See you in my next stories!

No comments:

Post a Comment