Crossing Oceans: Vol. 4 | Chris & Elaine

Hello everyone! It's Crossing Oceans serie again! Thank you guys for being patient. I once said that I will post at least 2 interviews each week, but due to my schedule, it is not possible. But this serie being active, I am happy enough. *grin*

So with flying confetti for the slight success of this serie, let's give a heads up to this lovely couple. Mr. Chris and Ms. Elaine are one of those Dutch-Pinay couple I've been talking with over Instagram.

So, let's start the Q&A. :)



How did you and your partner meet?
We met online on an international dating website.

How long have you guys been together?
We have been together for 2 years and 2 months

What is your & your partner's nationality?
I am a Filipina and my partner is Dutch

What is the biggest pet peeve in your relationship?
I think the most common pet peeve in a long distance relationship is fighting due to missing. I think him working for 10-12 hours a day was the hardest part for me, it just boiled up sometimes. But that was when we were still in a ldr, i think right now we don't have any.

How do you deal with your interracial differences?
I think its all about respecting each others differences, you can learn from each other on different levels ( language, culture, food, social interaction and religion) I think being different like that will give your relationship more depth. Just be open to learn.

What was the worst problem you've encounter in your relationship?
To be honest we are lucky enough that we didn't face any mayor problems yet, but for our first meeting we were planning to take a small vacation together in the Philippines. So during the process of planning this trip, Chris decided that it would be easier to let me do the booking, so he transferred his share of the money to me. Instead of sending him my bank account number i send him my card number. Lucky enough that number didn't exist on that specific bank and we were lucky enough to get it back. But it was stressful for few weeks.

What quality do you like most about your partner?
Elaine: the thing i like the most about Chris is his effort on how to make this relationship work. He is always so sincere towards me and open to try new things.
Chris: the thing i like the most about Elaine is she can be really (naturally) funny. She can be a bit clumsy sometimes, which makes her adorable.

What was the best gift you have ever received from your partner?
We are both not really materialistic. We rather save that money for our future. But he send me a birthday surprise to me while I was at my work.

What was the greatest sacrifice you've done for your partner so far?
I think the greatest sacrifice we had to make this last year is time with each other. After our second meeting we were really thinking about our future and how to reach that. We starting working a lot in order to save enough money, sometimes even 7 days a week. Probably only spending 1 hour together and it was mostly during work as well.

What makes your relationship unique and special?
What makes us unique is that we are really simple and we don't need much. Most people probably think we will settle down in the Netherlands because he is Dutch. But we think trying something new would fit us more.

What do you look forward to in your relationship on the next 10 years?
Settling down in a country and be financialy stable.

What advice can you give to other LDR couples out there?
I think the best advice we can give is: Make plans, pursue them and don't give up!


Don't give up! I like that phrase too! If you hold on to what you love and what makes you happy, there's nothing in the world that can stop you. Also, the best would be a threefold cord, God's guidance.

And through this post, I am extending my appreciation to this couple for taking time answering the questions. Thanks again Chrislain!

No comments:

Post a Comment