I am Finally in The Netherlands!

 Hello everyone! This has been a late post but yes, Is till want to inform you guys that I finally stepped foot in the country of my husband as a probational resident. Wuhoo! It was a swift application that we had. The only thing that consumed most of our time was waiting for the result of my exam. It took us 6 weeks of waiting. And without it, we won't be able to proceed with the process.


After receiving the result of my exam, we then compiled all the documents that we needed. There were not that much actually. We only needed to fill out 4 individual documents, a document to be filled out by my husband's company's bookkeeper and everything is good. I did not even use my birth certificate and marriage certificate. I think we had an edge because we registered our marriage in the municipality last 2018 and also in the BRP in Den Haag last year. I am not sure if the records I have with the immigration helped because I have been flying back and forth to The Netherlands for 5 years now (since 2015).


After we submitted our application, it was another waiting game. But happily, after 7 working days, it was approved! We were also surprised because others took a few months (up to 3 months, that's the max) before they receive a YES.


When we received a positive response from the Dutch immigration, we immediately tried to get an appointment with the Dutch embassy in Manila to have my sticker (visa). It then will take up to 10 working days before you can finally get your hands on it. Fortunately, mine only took 5 working days and it was shipped to me immediately.


I can say that everything was guided by God's holy spirit because everything went to smooth and quick. We then booked a flight for me so I can come here as soon as possible.


There was no obstacle on our application and even on my flight. Even in the middle on the lockdown in The Netherlands, I still entered so peacefully.


Now, I am on my last day of home quarantine. Tomorrow is the first day that I can freely go out of the house. There is still a lockdown here (until January 18), but that's ok, at least I can now roam around the neighborhood and meet the neighbors (from afar).


Here's our vlog about the travel I had from Manila to Amsterdam. Enjoy watching!


No comments:

Post a Comment