A Star is Born Hits Me Hard

 I was just alone today at home. Well, that's the case normally since my husband is 6000 miles away. Anyway, it is a habit of mine to look at a movie or a series every time I eat dinner. I got used to having my husband talking to me when we eat, so now that he's not there, I just make myself entertained by things I find on Netflix or Youtube.


Today, I bumped into this Top 10 list on Netflix and saw the movie "A Star Is Born". It has been a long time since I watched a drama/love story film. In the beginning, I was like, ok, I just prep my dinner then just sit once I'm done but continuing it playing in my background. When I finally finished making food, I ate, then was stunned by the story. It made me stop, I held my chest and started crying for no reason. I felt it was hurting inside of me.


Is it because I miss my man so much? Or the songs from the movie just added up to the fire of sadness and homesickness I am feeling? It was not easy. The movie hit me hard.


I continued listening to the song and clip excerpts of the movie and my tears still are falling. Would you believe that I did not even realize that the girl is Lady Gaga? It was so different and beautiful at the same time. Maybe this is the reason why I do not watch these kinds of movies, I am a hardcore crybaby.


Well, yeah, that's it.

No comments:

Post a Comment