Crossing Oceans: Vol. 9 | Eli & Molly

Yey to another interview! Today, I will share with you the answers of an amazing couple from the US and let's see how they cope with differences and make things balance within an interracial relationship. These two are dear to me because of their exquisite uniqueness. I've been following their story on Instagram, even when he proposed, they got married, and finally, having her spousal visa approved and ended their long-distance state. Weeeeeh! I'm so excited!

Here we go!


How did you and your partner meet?
We met at an online dating site,  specifically, Christian dating for free (CDFF). 

How long have you guys been together?
We've been together as a couple since December 12, 2016. But we started chatting June 12, 2016.

What is your & your partner's nationality?
My husband is American and I am a Filipina.

What is the biggest pet peeve in your relationship?
Eli: I don't have any pet peeve in our relationship. I love everything about my wife. (Char!)
Molly: My biggest pet peeve in our relationship is when I tell him "I miss you" he always sings, "Namimiss din kita, namimiss din kita, namimiss din kita mahal kita sobra." In the tune of feliz navidad. I like the lyrics but i don't like the tune.😅


How do you deal with your interracial differences?
We mostly deal with our interracial differences by educating the other person so that the other can understand it.

What was the worst problem you've encountered in your relationship?
The worst problem we encountered was the distance and health issues that threatened our chances of being together until we get old. But we always tell ourselves that our God is greater more than any trials we face. And that the troubles here on earth is nothing compared to what will be revealed to us later. (Romans 8:18)

What quality do you like most about your partner?
Eli: What I like about my wife is the fact that we are very in sync with each other.
Molly: For me, I like how my husband is very patient with me when I'm being clumsy in the kitchen. He hugs me when I mess up things rather than yell at me. I am truly blessed to have someone so patient and loving. 

What was the best gift you have ever received from your partner?
Eli: The greatest gift she gave me was her purity before marriage.
Molly: The best gift my husband gave me was his courage to come to see me in person for the first time. He was courageous and cautious all at the same time during that time, which is a good balance. I will forever appreciate the risk he took to get to know me in person.

What was the greatest sacrifice you've done for your partner so far?
We both agree that the greatest sacrifice we've done for each other was the long-distance situation. We had to endure being away from each other and it was definitely not a walk in the park.

What makes your relationship unique and special?
What makes our relationship unique and special is God, how he orchestrated everything for us to be in that dating site at the right time and the right age.

What do you look forward to in your relationship in the next 10 years?
We look forward to building a family together.

What advice can you give to other LDR couples out there?
Never put her/him in an uncomfortable situation. Such as hanging out alone with another woman/man. Doesn't matter if she's/he's your "best friend". Your wife/husband is your priority in every situation.


Your partner is your priority. Yes! As what Ephesians 5:28 says, "In the same way husbands should love their wives as their own bodies. A man who loves his wife loves himself" (New World Translation of the Holy Scriptures), we have to care for each other as to how we care for ourselves, that's why we were called one flesh after marriage!

Thank you Eli & Molly! You can visit their Youtube Channel here to know them even more: The Lamppineers.

No comments:

Post a Comment