It was a swift flight this time!

So now that I am back here in my husband's arm, that is, in The Netherlands, I just want to share with you the experience that I had from the luggage drop to the immigration here in The Netherlands. It was my smoothest flight so far since the very first time I had an international trip. Why? In my first to the last one except this, they gave me a hard time in the immigration. I had no idea why are they being so difficult to me. Urrgghh.

Happily, now things have changed. Let me tell you guys what I've been through this time.

I've been very anxious about my flight because for the first time in my life, I needed to fly alone. Yes, you heard me right. It's going to be the first time I will be flying all by my self. So I had some sleepless nights back home, I also had stress ate, and I have been thinking so much how will I do and what will happen to me in this flight.

Here's then what happened. My cousin from abroad went home to The Philippines to spend some time with her parents. My Mom and sister went to see her (that's about 5 hours drive from the place we live). When they learned that she will be flying back for her work, they've also learned that she will be in my flight as well. Now that's God's blessing!



In the time of our flight, we found each other inside the airport catching up and having my fave combos together. It has been so long when we had a good conversation like that.

She was the first in the line for the luggage drop, and when I saw her, I hurriedly went beside her, regardless of the long line in her back. We did not expect that there'll be a lot who will fly that day. We thought that people are avoiding trips due to the pandemic worldwide.

When the windows opened, we were not able to go together which was a bummer, we could have had seats together, maybe beside the window. Anyways, she already has her pre-arranged seat, unlike me.

There were some questions that were asked to me like. "Do you have an OEC?", which I do not have any clue about. I asked the lady what does that stands for but she just refused to answer me by not acknowledging my question. I find that it was a bit rude but I do not want to make a scene either. She also asked if I already paid my travel tax. Happily, the ticket that we bought already includes a head tax. So it means that I do not need to spend a penny.

After that, here's the immigration. I don't know why this part is scary but it is always scary. Now, my cousin and I took two separate windows cause we were like the first ones who finished with the scanning. Both of them were men. I remembered, the first flight I had outside the country, I had a female officer. She interrogated me and even asked me to stay for another long interview. From that day on, I never ever had a female officer, that is, if I have a chance to choose. Anyhow, with the officer that I had this time, he was very kind. He just asked where I am going, and who will I visit there. The end. He took his stamp and let me go. Surprisingly, I finished first then my cousin (which I have not yet experienced ever).

That's a swift, I said to myself. But hey, that's not even half of my trip. I just finished with the immigration in The Philippines, there were still more!



The flight to my first stopover became so smooth, though I was sitting beside the window and there were two men sitting before the aisle. I had a problem with that, it was difficult to go to the toilet. Another blessing was the chocolate chip cookies with oats that were given to me by a very good friend of mine before flying. It helped me go through the entire flight of almost 20 hours.

There came I in the land where bikes were the king of the road. I finally step foot to The Netherlands again. Oh wait! I had a nice experience as well with the immigration there. The line was long (most were from the flight that I had, it was nearly full). But what was nice was, it moved so fast. I don't know but, the Dutch IOs were so kind to let everyone in. Now, my turn. I cannot remember actually what I was feeling at that time. I just want to be reunited with my husband of course, but aside from that, nothing else. He asked me where in The Netherlands will I go, and asked me if my husband is Dutch. And yes, that's it. A stamp on my passport they gave me was the official welcome to their homeland.

My luggage was immediately there in the baggage belt, then I rushed out to see my husband. We were reunited.

It was just now that I've shared this story because today is my fourteenth day here in Europe and that means that my home quarantine ends as well.

If you've reached this far, I am so proud of you! You've wasted some four minutes of your life reading my flight story. Anyhow, thank you! I hope you stay home and safe, and tomorrow is another day.

1 comment:

  1. Hahaha it's a fun story and I love wasting all my minutes reading it.
    I have major anxiety every time I need to leave the country. Be it alone or with friends.
    Maybe because they always rely on me and I have to lead them everywhere I felt a slight burden to be a perfectionist.
    I also have severe airsickness so I HAVE TO HAVE my seat by the aisle but guess what? I always got window seats for all my flights and feel like killing myself because 30 minutes in, I'm already nauseous and feel really vile. Imagine if the flight is more than 6 hours? Worse, I can't eat before or during flight because I'll throw up all of them again.
    I hate flying because I know I have to be hungry during the flight and sick the entire flight (even if I get an aisle seat).

    I guess when you travel alone, it is best to book a seat on the hot seat section for an easy access to the bathroom or something. I have no trouble with immigrations but I do have trouble with the officers at the metal detector / luggage scanning section. I remembered I almost had a fight with a male officer in Busan but guess who had the last laugh? hahaha

    ReplyDelete