Current Obsession: Vintage Cards and Snailmails



This is not suppose to be an appreciation post but I would like to extend my thanks to my friend Geraldine, for sharing me things I would be obsessed of. (This is all your fault my dear. Hahaha) She has been telling me about journaling (and now I am eager to start doing it, I hope), most specifically junk journal, also snail mails, and whole lot more. My artsy heart has been sleeping for the past year and now it has been revived to life. Thanks too to my husband, GJ, for always supporting me in every thing I do, even the simplest, teeny-tiniest thing there is.

Today, I've finished making three individual cards for our international friends. I don't know if they're into these cute things but yeah, I'm taking the risk. They are all girls so I do not see any reason why they'll not gonna love it. I even want to receive one as well. (I might make a letter and send it to me in NL.) Haha.




Making one is just simple. You need old books (the ones you can just tear the pages off of course), vintage flower stickers, vintage-ish washi tapes and brown shopping bags which we call "supot" /sūū - pot/. And since there's an ordinance within our city about plastic bag usage, stores are never allowed to give plastics anymore. And that's how these brown paper bags accumulated a lot at home. But now, happily, I got to utilize them.

I am very happy that there are a lot of ways on how one can express themselves in an artistic way. So, what do you think of the cards? They're my first!

No comments:

Post a Comment