Very First Handmade Junk Journal from Spares

There's nothing perfect to do in foggy and chilly weather but to stay at home and do all those thingamajigs. I'm guilty. What can you do in a 0°C temperature? For me, it's the best and perfect time to have some hot tea, play mellow music and grab my construction paper and fold them up. That was actually the idea I had last night. From my last post, the art supplies that I had made me so excited about future ideas that will enter my head. It's not that I cannot sleep thinking, but it is just super exciting for me.

So today, which is the first official day of my leave, I spent my day in the room (without even having lunch or snack) doing my crafty things. Since I cannot go out because it is cold, and I can't buy anything because I do not have any cash, I've made my very first junk journal instead. (I actually don't want to call it junk, it's not that bad. Hehe.) There is already a lot of things I can use as well so why buy more?



With all the spares I had from the cards I made and had given away, I compiled the bigger sizes and added some short paper in a pile. All in all, I was able to accumulate five sets of sheets. After folding them in half, I made sure that the distribution of the sheets is good according to my preference.



I also got a piece of cardboard from the back of a patterned paper set and made three divisions to make it look like a book. From the patterned sheets I have, I picked a nice one and cut it in the size of the cardboard. I just stick it out with white glue and folded again according to the division that I made.

Thankfully, my mom-in-law has a big needle that I can use for stitching. She did not know that I borrowed it so I need to bring it back asap. Hehe. I put three holes each on the cover for the set of paper and started adding holes on the inner sheets one by one. I did not know that it will be as exhausting as that, I did not expect that it will be a bit challenging to bind a book through stitching.



Thankfully, after a few hours, I finished the stitching part. And that also means that I finished the journal. It is definitely not perfect since it was my first time, but I am pretty satisfied with the result.



Today was my day. Tomorrow, I will help with the cleaning of the house. But honestly, I can't wait now to fill my journal with all those memories I had here in The Netherlands and I will have in the future. This will not be my last, I am eager to make more and more and more! This hobby really makes me so happy!

2 comments:

  1. I know how it feels like after you make something satisfying to your own liking.
    I made my own journal inserts and I couldn't wait for the day after to fill it in. It was just so satisfying.
    And the one you made looks so pretty!
    Looking forward to its content soon :)

    ReplyDelete