Crossing Oceans: Vol. 3 | Bandon & Riri

With all honesty, this is one of my favorite interview. And I am very excited to post it here in my blog. When I asked Ms. Riri, she was so ecstatic to answer the questions. You can also see how witty she is. With puns intended, I enjoyed every single answered she shared. You may want to continue reading to understand what I mean.

I've learned about her through social media. Though we do not have that much contact, I always admire the snippets of her life that appear on my feed. Seeing her posts just makes me say, "hayyyyy" :)

So, let's start the Q&A. :)



How did you and your partner meet?
Me and Brandon met on OKCupid, a dating app. You'd never know where an ad could take you!

How long have you guys been together?
We've been together for 2 years and 5 months now

What is your & your partner's nationality?
I'm a Filipina and he's an American living in Texas and he's like "Everything is bigger in Texas"

What is the biggest pet peeve in your relationship?
My pet peeve in our relationship would be him leaving all his chargers plugged in even when he's not using it and he would call me mom haha. I can't really of things that he does that seriously annoy me

How do you deal with your interracial differences?
Well, it's amazing that we don't struggle that much with our culture differences since Brandon is very curious and loves to learn and adapt my culture. He actually bought a Filipino dictionary to self-study useful Filipino sentences and phrases. He's very friendly with everyone and that's very adorable. He eats everything on our Filipino table and my family appreciates that since eating, food is an integral part of Filipino culture. However, he doesn't like the idea of balut. And as a good girlfriend I have to respect that and I never asked him to try it out. You don't have to force your foreign boyfriend to do something he doesn't like just for fun. He also like buying shirts with Filipino touch on them and sees my people as affectionate, hardworking Pinoys. That makes me proud.

What was the worst problem you've encounter in your relationship?
This is no joke. We never argued throughout these years. 🤷 We call it compatibility and maturation. However, we know that our relationship won't be forever smooth but we promise that if ever something arguable, miserable happens we will solve it together, will talk, will understand because we're each other's confidant. Also, he's a very optimistic person, very smart and gentle too. The only thing I can call "challenge" is the distance between us. There are times I just feel really sad for not having him around me. It's inevitable for now but it's not going to be forever.

What quality do you like most about your partner?
What I love about him the most is his optimism. Maybe that's why God gave me him because he's a ball of positive energy and I wasn't. He's someone who would say "It's okay baby. You're still the sexiest of them all" to me after committing gluttony and I need that positivity in my life hahaha. But seriously, he's very uplifting and encourages me to do better and to transform everything I worry about into something beautiful instead.

What was the best gift you have ever received from your partner?
For now, all I can think of is him making me her fiancee. It's the best gift he had given me. We're a few steps closer to what we want and deserve. Nothing is more precious than being loved the way every girl deserves.

What was the greatest sacrifice you've done for your partner so far?
Last June 2017 I've decided to not attend the class for more than two weeks straight and he didn't like it and was very guilty but I wanted to spend time with him every second of his stay. I was almost dropped in every subject but I had to make false excuses and fortunately made it back on track. I was even one of the topnotchers of our qualifying exam 😂 That's the only sacrifice I had to do. He usually does the sacrificing haha

What makes your relationship unique and special?
What makes our relationship unique and special is that we don't argue. That's something I always say. Some people think relationship without fights are not healthy but what about talking about things that bother you in your relationship instead of keeping it to yourself and end up feeling miserable and then there comes fights because of misunderstanding.Also, you don't have to compare your boyfriend to someone else's. We're a genuinely happy couple ♥️

What do you look forward to in your relationship on the next 10 years?
I'm looking forward to being the responsible wife I wanted to be. I look forward for more adventures and success and also a healthy, happy family of my own.

What advice can you give to other LDR couples out there?
My advice would be to have both hearts of a lover and a best friend. Be genuine, patient, dedicated and kind. Work as a team who motivates each other. Always try to be the one who will make him feel better. Throughout the day he would get stressed and tired and you have to be his saving grace. (It will be reciprocated) Also, always believe in the power of love no matter how far the distance is. You two meet for a reason and always keep that in mind. And don't listen to people doubting your relationship. You don't need their approval. 😊


There is really a strong bond when both work as a team. It is also one of the best thing that helped us in our relationship. Thanks for accommodating my questions Ms. Riri!

So, that's it! See you again guys on my next feature!

No comments:

Post a Comment