Crossing Oceans: Vol. 8 | Phil & Cris

Hello you guys! It's been a while since my last feature! Today, I have another awesome couple from the States. They are an interracial couple that finally closed the distance a month ago. Since they are now having the best days of their lives now, let's interview them a bit.

So, let's not dilly dally and start the Q&A. :)


How did you and your partner meet?
Cris: we met in a dating app called Skout, which l honestly think was not the best app to use if you are looking for a serious date since it doesn't really give a lot of information beforehand but we got lucky moreso blessed actually that we found each other, I believed it's destiny ... He sent me a message and I responded since he is really good looking with those hazel eyes

How long have you guys been together?
Cris: Though we said I love you's and made our relationship official after 2.5 months, we are counting based on that first day we communicated and it's been 3 yrs and 8 mos.

What is your & your partner's nationality?
Cris: I am from the Philippines and my fiance Phillip is from America


What is the biggest pet peeve in your relationship?
Phillip: Nothing, I love everything about her and everything that comes with it
Cris: I think the biggest pet peeve when we were still doing Ldr (which was not too long ago, less than a month) was whenever there was bad internet connection and we couldn't videochat properly, we couldn't understand each other and we will just text instead.
There were also numerous times that even we have the best internet connection we both have to repeat ourselves for like 2 to 3 times just because we didn't understand each other or didn't hear properly so it will be kind of annoying but at the end of the day will just laugh about it..

How do you deal with your interracial differences?
Phillip: the best way is not to think that's interracial and have respect for each other all the time
Cris: For me, I think there's really not much to deal with when it comes to being interracial because we are mostly in the same page with regards to our religion, values and outlook on life.

What was the worst problem you've encountered in your relationship?
Phillip and Cris: We both agreed that the worst problem that we have encountered was due to his drinking, for American drinking 1 or 2 beers a day is normal but I don't really like it, so we argue whenever I think it's too much, right now, he don't drink as much anymore and drink only when I approved of it.

What quality do you like most about your partner?
Phillip: i like how she takes care of me, she's cute and lovable and most especially she is very thoughtful.
Cris: he is a quiet type of guy and i really like and feel how sincere he is, I like how he's trying his best to meet my expectations, i also like how he makes me feel whenever he agrees with me and says "whatever you want babe, whatever makes you happy"

What was the best gift you have ever received from your partner?
Phillip: the best gift other than material things is her presence
Cris: the best material gift I've received from him was the personalized blanket, it's so sweet I never thought he actually would do such cheesy stuff

What was the greatest sacrifice you've done for your partner so far?.
Phillip: it's to quit smoking
Cris: We just closed the gap recently so I would say was the moving to the USA for him, many people prolly wants to live in the USA, you know the "American dream" and I really don't. First of all USA is sooo far from the Philippines, I care about my family so much and want to be closer to them, I also have a good paying job in Singapore which makes me the breadwinner of my family, I also had to plan months beforehand, save money for them, make sure there will be enough until I can work..
but here in USA i have to start over again, learn how to drive, new culture, new people, it's quite scary entering this new life but it all goes down to the desire of being with him because I love him so much and honestly, I would do anything just to be with him and to make him happy

What makes your relationship unique and special?
Phillip & Cris: We think every relationship are unique in their own ways, and we started as long distance itself is what makes it unique, who would have thought that the person you're supposed to spend the rest of your life is on the other side of the world?

What do you look forward to in your relationship on the next 10 years?
Phillip & Cris: as mentioned we are in the same page when it comes to outlook in life and future plans, we are looking forward to have our own house by then, 2 lil cute kids and traveling in and out of the country

What advice can you give to other LDR couples out there?
Phillip: Just be patient and never give up, if it's meant to be it's gonna happen
Cris: My advice would be to get to know your significant other more, I know that for some people how long they have been together doesn't matter but it's still important to take time and don't rush, be patient with all the waiting that you have to do and endure the pain of being apart, do not worry because there will be light at the end of the tunnel ❤️


"Get to know your significant other more." And that is how we can cultivate a deeper connection with our partner. Don't rush. I tell you guys, this is a principle I had with my own relationship, and now, noone can separate us! Cheesy! Anyways, through this post, I am extending my appreciation to this couple for taking time answering the questions. Thanks again Phil & Chris! You can visit their Youtube Channel here to know them even more: PhilChris - The Dukes

No comments:

Post a Comment